Browsed by
Category: Guatemala

Monuments and Inscriptions of Tikal: The Carved Monuments,

Monuments and Inscriptions of Tikal: The Carved Monuments,

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 7.30 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Citizens in all three of the affected areas suffered threats and harassment by soldiers, theft and destruction of personal belongings, and denounced the use of martial law as a cover to execute dozens of arrest warrants without due process. They are located in the Caribbean Sea to the east of Central America. Emboldened armed robbers have attacked vehicles on main roads in broad daylight. And I have my favorites; the best for me is flying into Pavas (MRPV) located downtown San Jose. As I write this I’m 6 countries further down the trail but some of the people I met earlier are still in Guatemala, unable to leave.

...

Read More Read More

A List Of Books, Magazine Articles, And Maps Relating To

A List Of Books, Magazine Articles, And Maps Relating To

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 8.34 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Different degrees of stiffening and the associated range of confining pressures may cause variability in both degrees of explosivity and durations of inter-explosion quiescent periods. Antonio Luigi Mazzitelli of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime. Officer was senior liaison with (DNI) the national intelligence directorate. For example, the data drawn from the highly regarded Corporación Latinobarómetro 2011 survey reported that, in response to the open – ended question – “in your opinion, what do you consider the most important problem in the country?”, 40% of respondents in El Salvador said crime and public security, and another 11% nominated pandillas/violence for a total of 51%.; in Guatemala, the response was 30% for the first question and 21% for pandillas/violence for another total of 51%; and in Honduras, it was 30% plus 5% respectively for a total of 35%.

...

Read More Read More

The Guatemala Traveler: A Concise History And Guide

The Guatemala Traveler: A Concise History And Guide

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 5.70 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Year after coup American cryptographic experts and CIA agent played important part in rooting out conspiracy army officers linked to Tudeh Party. The art of pottery-making was highly developed under the Early Maya regime. Undercover units "Arabized" produced a rash of deaths under controversial circumstances leading to claims commando units are death squads. Guatemala has long claimed all or part of the territory of neighboring Belize.

...

Read More Read More

Mitla: A Narrative of Incidents and Personal Adventures on a

Mitla: A Narrative of Incidents and Personal Adventures on a

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 14.70 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Mapa de la violencia: los jóvenes de América Latina 2008. Hostal Hermano Pedro [60] 6 Avenida 20-53, Zona 13. However, what the PNC lacks most is manpower. S. ambassador to El Salvador under President George W. S. backed governments in virtual genocide have more than 150,000 victims. Compiled by Bulletin editors from topographic maps. Ninos del Lago is a non-profit, non-denominational and non-political organization dedicated to providing hope and joyful experience to the youngest generation of Guatemalans.

...

Read More Read More

The History of Coffee in Guatemala

The History of Coffee in Guatemala

Regina Wagner

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 8.04 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Costa Rica's famous Arenal Volcano in La Fortuna is unbe-lava-ble. Children detained at the US immigration holding center in Nogales, Arizona. Violations of this law, such as being present in Mexico without proper documentation, are considered administrative, not criminal, offenses. Fine ash fell in Antigua on 7 May, then after 2 days of weak steam emission (8-9 May) and a cloudy day (10 May), ashfall in Yepocapa, 8.5 km NW of the summit, was reported on the 11th and 12th.

...

Read More Read More

A Life of Their Own: An Indian Family in Latin America

A Life of Their Own: An Indian Family in Latin America

Aylette Jenness, Lisa W. Kroeber

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 9.62 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

The gibnut or paca, a large rodent that feeds mainly on wild nuts, is consumed in Belize. Perhaps take a hike through the cloud forest, check out the area by mountain bike or fly over the canopy on a zip line tour. All major cities are located in the highlands and Pacific coast regions; by comparison, Petén is sparsely populated. Between the early 1990s and the late 1990s, IRAIRA essentially doubled the number of criminal deportees being flown back to Central America, Rosenblum said.

...

Read More Read More

Massacres in the Jungle: Ixcan, Guatemala, 1975-82

Massacres in the Jungle: Ixcan, Guatemala, 1975-82

Ricardo Falla

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 10.82 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Rural poverty in the region is mainly associated with lack of access to and unequal distribution of productive land, and inadequate access to information and productive assets for smallholder farmers. USAID’s prevention interventions focus on key populations and individuals engaged in high-risk sexual activities to control the spread of HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Some people believe that this bearded image represents Itzamna in his prime. Gold mining, road construction, and land clearing for cattle pasture are also considered important factors in the ongoing disappearance of Guatemala's forests.

...

Read More Read More

Difficulties Between Mexico and Guatemala: Proposed

Difficulties Between Mexico and Guatemala: Proposed

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 12.79 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Fuego erupted on 21 May 1999 sending ash to the S, SE, and SW and ultimately dropping up to 40 cm of ash on local settlements (BGVN 24:04). The shuttle bus is much more expensive, but equally more convenient (and possibly safer, especially at night). Adventures jam-packed with adrenaline-pumping activities. Already in fiscal year 2014, more than 57,000 children have arrived in the United States, double the number who made it to the U. Report refutes official statements made by Reagan and Bush administrations — when officials denied leaders of Salvadoran armed forces were using execution, rape and torture to sustain their power — reports says they were.

...

Read More Read More

Rural Guatemala, 1760-1940

Rural Guatemala, 1760-1940

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 12.12 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

Costa Rica has traditionally been a country with a fantastic track record of attracting intellectual and human capital and extensive foreign direct investment, but has an equally opposite and terrible track record of infrastructure investment. Eastern Pacific Hawksbill Initiative – ICAPO promotes recovery and protection of hawksbill sea turtles. With a funding of 3.5 million euros in the last 4 years, ECHO and its partners have helped communities along the Dry Corridor to take measures than increase their ability to cope to face drought.

...

Read More Read More

Appletons' Guide to Mexico, Including a Chapter of

Appletons' Guide to Mexico, Including a Chapter of

Format: Paperback

Language: English

Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub

Size: 14.07 MB

Downloadable formats: PDF

D., James Phillips Iran Moves West: Ahmadinejad's 2012 Latin American Visit On January 8, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lands in Venezuela to start a brief but highly symbolic Latin American visit. Honduras leads the region for the fifth consecutive year. The Eighteen Street Gang welcomed young immigrants from Central America who were struggling to fit in with their peers. With these taxis you have to negotiate a price, and as you are a foreigner, they will most likely try to get more money from you as you will be viewed as a rich foreigner, especially if you're from the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, or Western Europe.

...

Read More Read More